Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Winds of Change

So it's day three of the new challenge. I finally did my measurements yesterday. As I measured, I knew and was wondering how these measurements would change with my current plan. Sure, I've slacked a bit on my exercise - working out 2 days aweek instead of 4+. And My diet has dissapeared(except for continuing with more clean foods). But I don't really see much changing - certainly not fast enough to win the challenge. And that didn't settle with me too well.

So - the point of the blog is not to wallow in the bad habits of my summer, and lets face it ~ my life. It's to recognize the changes I'm starting to make. Today - I am more thoughtful in my food choices. This is not 100% helpful, I still ate horrible in a dieters mind. BUT - I did start to think - "wait - if I eat this cookie - and then take these home... I'm going to eat them. But, if I wait, I can just have one at home - and that will cut out at least 1 cookie here... " Okay - so it's not perfect, but I'm starting to ration my calories - or at least get in the mind set to do so.

Also - today is a cardio day. I had absolutely no time in the morning.. which is common in the summer and hense why my workouts are down to 2 a week. The routine of summer would have let it slide... assuming I would workout more this week. (Although the truth is there is no plan and no available mornings to workout.) So - I made plans to workout in the evening! Not something I've done much of this summer.

So I put on my crummier workout clothes I don't like to wear out to the gym(good thing because laundry needs done!) and did my Turbo Jam Punch Kick & Jam video. In about 50 minutes I burned 850 calories 30% of which was fat calories.

So tomorrow is weights. I plan on doing the Turbo Jam Turbo Sculpt. It's going to be hard, especially since I'm a bit sore from Tuesday(especially in the shoulders) and PKJ video is also good for muscle building. That's one thing I really liked about Turbo Jam, I felt it sculpted my arms well. Especially once I started using the weighted gloves. I'm not up to that yet - but it won't be long. It's not like I'm starting from scratch here!

So - I think I'm off to a good start!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the week and to make more awesome changes! I think I might actually plan my meals for tomorrow!!! Wouldn't that be a big step for me! (ooh - I really should, because we're going to Pizza Hut for my son's birthday! yikes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment