Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Friday, March 4, 2011

Weigh In Day

Okay - well, I'm going to cheat, just a bit. For the past 2-3 days I've weighed 204.6and even went down to 204.4 lbs. So I'm going to say my WI was 204.6, because it was on Thursday. Then Thursday happened.

I was meeting a friend for lunch, at McD's. I could have made good choices... but I think I over did all my working out on Wednesday - that by Wed night and Thursday my body was exhausted and I was feeling too fatigued to stay strong. Plus I was only down .2 after a great calorie day and excellent workouts. So I tentatively adopted the idea (I forget what it's called) where you eat low cal for 2 or 3 days - then have a high calorie day. I know it's calorie cycling, but there's also a diet centered around it - kinda like a caveman diet... I don't know. (and I'm too lazy to look it up for you and provide a handy link. Sorry.)

Anyways - it sounded like a good idea to this weary soul. I was overly fatigued, maybe a higher calorie day would energize me. And I've personally experienced how eating "normally" in a diet will help me drop below a plateau because my body doesn't think it's starving. So I tried it. I wasn't careful - I just ate normally and tried to keep the snacks low. Okay - not normally, but not excessively.

Well, it didn't work.

I do faintly remember reading how the high calorie day would only be 400-500 calories more than your normal calorie intake. I doubt my Angus and pizza for dinner stayed within that range. I also had more cookies than I've had this week(although let's be fair - I've done awesome avoiding cookies!!!) It truly was a "day off" from dieting, looking back at it.

So I'm definitely going to the gym today. I'm going to pretend the scale didn't say 206 and I'll look at tomorrow. Obviously I have some water weight too - after french fries and pizza! I know, I'm horrible! I did have a big salad at dinner though. I also need to plan ahead because we're going to church for dinner tonight - and the menu is foreign foods plus pizza. So maybe I'll have a big salad and make some discrete choices when I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment