Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Oh, the mental games we play....

I'm discovering something about myself. I hope I can explain myself clearly for others to understand, because I'm still trying to figure out the best way to say it. Who knows, maybe this will help free someone in their routine. I feel lately as if I'm being productive in my weight loss journey. No huge losses as of yet, but headed the right direction with lots of healthy choices each day. And it seems kinda easy. And I wonder why and how that is. Well, this is what I've come up with. I do better with loose boundaries than firm defined lines. Let me explain. If I make a plan, or follow someone else's plan that says 5 vegetables a day, workout for 60 minutes a day, 25 grams of fiber, and no more than 50 carbs in a day- well I'm gong to fail. We probably all would.. That's too much. But even just one or two of those 'rules' is almost too much for me. (And did you notice I said fail? Soooo black and white.) Let me explain again. I do better when I decide(nonchalantly) that I want to work out most every day than having to workout everyday. It's too much mental pressure to keep up with that routine. Sure, skipping a day isn't a big deal, but I did cross that firm line... Now my routine is off... Blah blah blah. Same thing works with diet. If I decide to try to eat less carbs, I do better than trying to keep my carbs in an acceptable box. That makes some foods 'bad' and some good. Mental games! So despite my crazy backward mind game I play with myself to trick me into continually making healthy choices- it seems to be working. I noticed today, that despite not officially starting my Turbo Fire workout, I've done 3 or 4 workouts Ina row- mixing them up. Kinda sounds like I'm starting. Hmmm.... I'm also tracking really well. I even did an extra workout tonight because we went to Pizza Hut. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment