Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What a day to start!

Yeah - the day before Thanksgiving is a great time to start dieting...

Anyways - today was actually a pretty good day! I TRACKED my calories! I was going for 1500-1600 and I think I ended up more like 1750... depends on how many calories are in popcorn. There's definitely room for improvement, but tracking for the first time in months(the whole day!) is just awesome for me...

I just got done watching the Biggest Loser - Where Are They Now episode. And it is just motivating and inspiring. I know there's some controversy behind it all- but frankly - the contestants seem happy with themselves... so who am I to knock it?

Anyways, at the end they ran a triathlon... I can only imagine running a triathlon. But you know what I realized... when the first people were running in - they did it in just under 3 hours. Well - I can move for three hours!!! And I just realize that it's not impossible for me. I can run for half an hour... I just need to push myself and see how far I can take this. I know I am capable of so much... but I feel limited. For example... I have never run outside... but winter is knocking... how can I start now? But I could if I wanted to. People do it all the time. I'm just excusing myself.

I think my first goal is to see how long and far I can run this weekend. It might not be Friday - but I will, and I'll let you know how it goes! I will at least run a 5K. I feel disappointed in myself for not getting myself together enough to be ready for the Turkey Trot tomorrow... but life has been crazy... blah blah blah. There I go again with the excuses. I might have been slowed down, but I CAN DO GREAT THINGS! I AM CAPABLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment