Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

....sigh....

Well - I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth... I can't believe I haven't posted anything all month! Wow!

But, I don't post when I'm not actively working on weight loss. And let's face it, it's been a couple months since I've been dieting and losing any weight. But this past month has been especially difficult - personally.

And I've never thought that my circumstances affected my ability to function- but in this case it has. A situation with my son has put a strain on a friendship - plus has totally confused us in the parental role. And I've been very upset about it all. There were a couple days where I just felt like crying about the whole thing...and did.. . and most activities(except what was necessary) came to a halt. I've eaten fast food more days than not.

And just when I thought things were normalizing and we could move forward - everything got stirred up again. And I was highly upset when I realized how this friendship has been changed. Needless to say - it's upset my workout routine and my motivation and desire to do much of anything. I'm just now starting to read the blogs I used to follow, to crave something other than grease, salt and sugar. The motivation is creeping up, yet I've not taken that leap into the healthy living world.

I'm nervous to get on the scale and see the damage. But I'm eager to take it off. I feel like Thanksgiving is in my way. I've been reading about all these plans to *stay on plan*... glad everyone is being proactive. But I'm just emerging out of survival mode... I think I'll enjoy the holiday. Enjoy the face time with family and be thankful I'm not so depressed about my circumstances anymore.

It was so hard to *bounce back* like I knew I needed to. Taking care of the kids, the house and responding to my husband in a loving manner... was exhausting. It took some getting out with friends to really help me get beyond myself and my circumstances. I don't know if these circumstances are fully behind us... I know the friendship doesn't need to change... if I can get beyond myself. ...sigh... easier said than done!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the people you're with and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment