Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Monday, December 13, 2010

A New Beginning

Hmm... I wonder how many of my post titles refer to starting again?

So, I haven't posted for a few weeks. Because I've fallen off the bandwagon. There's no real excuses. Just yet another excuse. I've eaten to my heart's content. I've splurged - I've eaten just because I could. I've eaten out of stress, that's for sure!!! I think I've been eating out of depression too.

I'm just not quite right lately. But I can't put my finger on it.

But oddly enough - I keep reading several weightloss blogs I enjoy. And alot of people are doing great - especially with the new WW program they just came out with. They're building momentum they wouldn't normally have at this time of year. And that excitement was almost very contagious.

I want to want to lose weight, but for some reason -I can barely make myself meet my mother at the gym. I've even skipped and made excuses when possible. I just am dragging lately. Cooking has just become this monumental task I just can't even broach anymore. I used to be very creative (at least once or twice a week) with meals. And with not going to the gym, I'm home more during the days - but I can't bring myself to accomplish anything. It's all just too much for me right now.

But the title here is A New Beginning. And I think it is. This past week, I've just exceeded my standards of *fatness*. I'm not sure what that means - but I've crossed a line somewhere - and I'm not willing to go down that road. I've gained a good 5 pounds over my high end of fluctuation. So these are my red flags I'm not willing to let take me over:
**In danger of my clothes not fitting.
**Trouble breathing when slouched certain ways and after eating too much.
**Bending and reaching is harder(out of breath, can't reach past the fatness.)
**Husband is starting to notice and comment about it. (more on that later!)

I keep reading these blogs and it's motivating, but I just didn't have it in me to change anything. But for some reason, last night - something did change. And I'm ready to start exercising again. Diet ~ well, I'll try to get better, but I'm not ready to go into full diet mode.

So today - I went full steam! I did 25 minutes on the hard cross trainers(not sure what they're technically called) and then I ran for 30 minutes. I took my son to the gym n the afternoon for his sports class, and that leaves me 45 minutes of extra exercise time. I meant to just walk - but I ended up running a mile. My eating wasn't great today - but I definitely stepped it up in the exercise department, which is sort of my MO. I'll take it!

I think my goal right now is to just loose these 5 pounds by New Years. Since I just put them off, I'm hoping they'll come off quickly too. Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment