Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Monday, December 13, 2010

Peer Pressure?

So I mentioned in my last post that my husband Mike was making some comments about my weight. Sounds horrible, doesn't it?

Well, it's not really.

And fortunately he's in no place to judge my eating and exercise habits. His work schedule is a bit different right now so he hasn't been able to get to the gym at lunchtime and his lunches are provided. And it's usually crap. Plus they get snacks throughout the day. All crap. And he feels gross and fat. But he doesn't have alot of control over his time. I think he's going to pack a bit more this week.

I don't particularly like when he comments about my eating habits. And he's not saying anything horrible or mean. Just calling me out on a few things I rather left hidden. Like all the fast food I keep getting at lunchtime. He works it into the conversation ever so slyly. But to me, it's a big sign. And I don't like being called out on my negative habits. But there's not much I can say or do, except change.

And like I said - he's not very judgemental. But I think it's helped me. These little things aren't going unnoticed. Obviously my body isn't forgetting about the hamburgers and the onion rings and the pop. I need to start taking better care of myself. And as much as I would like to wait till after the New Year, I don't think I can. Like I mentioned in my last post - these red flags are not something I want to get used to. I don't like being so full I can't get a good breath in. That's just not right and not somewhere I want to be.

So as much as I'd like to pretend the pop I'm drinking isn't *that bad*. . . umm, it kind of is. And all the cookies and crap I've been eating is really pretty gross. It's like I'm trying to gain weight. And it has to stop. Today.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's a real eye-opener when people we love call us out. Sure it sucks, but it usually is the push to get us motivated again.

    ReplyDelete