Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 4

Wow - it's early and I have something to say! Just an update on how things are going.


First off, it's snack time here and yah know things are changing because I'm eating yogurt. I really don't care for yogurt. It's not the texture or the flavor - I don't dislike it. But to me, it's just not something I want. It's not a snack or food I care to eat. BUT I know it's good for me and a good snack while dieting. Sigh.... so here I go, making a healthy choice. I wish I was more excited about it.

Well, I did get up early and did my Turbo Jam Turbo Sculpt. It was a bit harder than I remembered. The kids did wake up before I was done, but their old enough now that they hang out for a few minutes then run upstairs to watch tv. Whew! That's a relief to me! I can't tell you the level of frustration I've had fighting with them to leave me alone during that time. No matter how early I get up - they would show up. Annoyed me to no end. But now they're older and not so insistent.

I burned about 650 calories doing the Turbo Sculpt - 45% fat burn. Then I did some abs for ten minutes and burned another 100 calories. I then went upstairs, got the baby up and started on some breakfast. Some sources say you should eat within an hour of exercising, others say 20 minutes. So either way - I wanted to get started. I ended up making a spinach omelet with some shredded cheese.

Intresting side note. I do want to count calories, but I'm more inclined to count the points. Since WW is more recent for me, I know the point values and it was just easier to figure out the points value. Plus the cheese I measured - was 0 points. I was pretty excited about that! So I added another egg to the omelete! I ended up with two full eggs and 1 egg white. I figure it was 4-5 points. I think eggs are 2 points each... but with the cheese and oil, it's probably 5 points. Plus I had a fruit flat beforehand. It's kinda like a fruit roll-up ~ but much better for you. I guess it;s like dried fruit jerky, but not too dry. They're only 1 point - and that gave me some carbs for the workout.

I'm starting to think food = energy again! This is great!!!

I need a plan for the rest of the day - especially since it included Pizza Hut. And I'm not sure how I feel restraining myself there. I just don't want to! But maybe I'll have a salad or apple before I go.

On a side note - I stepped on the scale before my shower - granted - after breakfast... but I just wanted to see how things were going. I wasn't expecting to have really lost much... or anything - but it was up a couple pounds!!! Yikes! But then I realized/remembered my TOm is right around the corner... so that's probably the reason. It makes me feel a bit betetr about my hunger levels these couple days. And if I get it out of the way this first week - then I'll have no reason to get off track in the middle of this challenge. So I'm good with it. (although I hope the bloating goes down before Monday when I weigh in!)

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment