Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Sunday, June 5, 2011

1 Month



What difference can 1 month make??

Let's find out!

I was walking with my mom yesterday and was talking about my progress from the last month. I seem to do well for most of the week then slowly - or quickly - fall apart. Sometimes I make good low carb choices, but I'm still eating things you shouldn't eat initially, like low carb pasta or a little sugar in the sauce... whatever.

So she pointed out that there's no major holidays or events coming up and that maybe I should just try to stay really focus for a period of time, say until July 4th, the next major holiday. I didn't realize until later that it was June 4th. Seems possible. I'm fairly proud of how I'd done this past month, although I wish I would have done better. But I'm still excited about the inches lost. It means alot to mean that my middle is shrinking even if the scale doesn't show it.

So I did excellent yesterday. I even passed on the leftover mexican food that was rightly mine. Loaded with carbs - so I skipped it. I wanted to cheat later - but I figured if I passed on the amazing food at lunch, I wasn't about to cheat on something dumb like bread. So I stayed strong.

Today - I was doing great. Went to Burger King with my son and didn't eat a single fry. But a few hours later when we got home - I realized I had no snacks... I ate a handful of fries. I then at a slice of pizza leftover from the night before. At least it was thin crust.

I didn't track yesterday - but I just tracked all my food for today, even the awful mistakes. I'm way over at 54 carbs, but only 1100 calories. I can save this day(caloricly) by eating a salad for dinner. I still need to finish the grocery shopping, and that will help with the snack problem. I think I will make a list of available foods - so I don't blank out and go for something easy and full of carbs.

I feel like I'm on the verge of making progress, I just have to get back on track. That starts tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment