Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Re-evaluate

Okay - May is over. I have measurements. I'm down 3.1 lbs for the month and lost 1.5 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my hips. I really like that I lost inches. I'm glad that I lost some weight this month.

My monthly goal is to loose 5 pounds a month.

So is low carb really the answer??

Well, it's 3.1 lbs more than I have been losing. It's more inches than I have been melting off, so yes, I guess it's worth it. I can handle low carb most of the times and it's somewhat easy to adjust when I'm out. I do miss some carbs - some more than others. It's funny, last night I had 1.5 bowls of my high fiber cereal and I was mad that I ate it... before low carb that would have been a good snack.

So where do I go from here? At this rate I'll only lose about 15 pounds before Disney. That's like, 1 dress size. Not what I was hoping for, although it would be nice. Anything would be nice at this point!!!

So - I need to re-evaluate. Why is low carb not doing wonders as I hear so much about??

Well - I'm not being super strict. I'm not counting carbs or calories. And the past two days I've been mentally yelling at myself to "Start acting like you're on a diet!!!"

I also seem to be stalling at this weight of 197.7 lbs. I can't seem to get below it, but I'll keep coming back to it. That's nice, but I need to start losing and stop cheating.

So here's my plan:
1. TRACK!!!

2. Limits:
Carbs 40 or below. Calories 1500-1600.
3. Plan for exercise. I'm canceling my gym membership do to Mike switching jobs and taking a pay cut. So now I'll have to be more determined to get good quality exercise in at home.

I think it's a good simple plan. Almost too simple. One of the reasons I like low carb is because I don't need to track as much. Well - I think I do. And I've been in the mindset lately that - just bite the bullet, suck it up and do the annoyingly hard work and lose the weight. Then you can relax, maintain and enjoy the things you "missed." So I think I will apply that to tracking. I hate it, it sucks - but lets do it for a few months - get results and move on. But if I don't do this, I'm just wasting my time and getting frustrated with little results.

I'm tired of wasting my time. It's time to pay attention and get results. I'm using SparkPeople to track. And actually - when you're on a diet and eat pretty much the same things all the time - it's easy to track. I just enter and group my meals - and it's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment