Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Monday, July 11, 2011

In an *almost* perfect world


I have a plan... my mind was working while on the elliptical today - an ideal plan for achieving reasonable but ideal goals before Disney in October.

Is it possible?

Yes.

Is it realistic?

Maybe.

It would just require me to stay on plan and stay motivated for the next 3 months.

Well, my July goal is to get below 190 lbs. I started at 197.5 lbs(or something close to that). But my low for June was 193.4 lbs. So I'm hoping to drop some of this weight quickly because it was a bad weekend flux, right? Anyways - I'm currently at 165.6 lbs. So I'm on my way and I have some positive routines in place. More about that in a minute.

So if I lose and get to 190 by August then that leaves 2.5 months. What weight do I really want to be? Surely I won't be at my goal weight. And I looked at it - if I lost 5 lbs per month, I'd be at around 180, maybe better. Well, where does that put me? That would be a total of 26 pounds lost. I would still want to lose another 40 pounds after Disney. It'd be nice if it was more even. So the more I thought about it, the more I thought "in a perfect world" I'd like to lose about 33 lbs total - making my weight 173. That's 22 lbs from today.

Is it possible? I think it might be. 180 lb might be more realistic, and that would be okay but I'd like to reach for the big goal of 173 lbs. My first baby step is getting below 190 lbs. Which would be Awesome!!!

Current Routines:
- 30 Day Shred. I'm currently only on day 4 - but my goal is to complete it(with Sunday's off) and during that last week I'll probably order the Firm Express. I'd really like to try that!

- Low Carb Diet. I'm attempting to make low/no carb choices most of the day. I'm not sure what carbs I'm averaging, but with tracking I'll become more aware and then can tweak it as needed. Sugar is my downfall but I'm keeping it in check.

- Tracking Calories. My goal is to be below 1600 calories. As long as I track I'm able to do so. It does help me make better choices especially with snacking. Last night I realized I had about 200 calories I could eat(after a wimpy dinner) and I ended up with some sugar free jello and cool whip for 50 calories and 3 carbs. I'm realizing I don't HAVE to eat all 1600 calories. I wasn't as hungry as I thought I should be.

- Supplements. I'm taking some vitamins, prescriptions(for my thyroid), and supplements to aid in low carb eating. Not sure if it all helps, but it's getting me to take my vitamins which I haven't taken since pregnancy.

- Move more. I'm trying to keep the frame of mind, move more eat less. Nothing radical - but often I think a short walk with the family is nothing compared to the 1.5 hrs in the gym. (I'm still meeting my mom at the gym in addition to the 30 DS.)But I'm looking for ways to keep moving in the evening and to not sit on the couch. Sometimes it's an ab workout and sometimes we head to the beach or woods to explore. Every little bit helps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment