Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Monday, April 11, 2011

2nd Stab at Running

MUCH BETTER!!!

I got up at 4:30 this morning, mostly because the babe was having a nightmare and was kicking his crib. So at 5 I got ready and headed out the door. I warmed up around the block then stopped back in the house to use the restroom. Didn't have to go.

So off I went, and quickly discovered my MP3 was dead. Bummer. But I just kept going. I'm not quite sure how long I went. I had to change my path because it was darker than I anticipated. I'll have to track it later in the car. But over all I ran about 22 minutes and walked another 10+ with warm up and cool down. I know I could have gone longer - but music would have helped keep the motivation alive.

I think this was a total breakthrough for me. It's not a matter of if I can or can't run a 5K, it's just a mental battle of will. I suppose I could have run for a full half hour(which was kind of an original hope for this morning) but the path I was taking was coming to an end, so I allowed myself to be done mentally at that point and it was hard for me to keep going after that.

Now I still have a long way to go. I was able to run- but it is labored. Fortunately I was reading some important tips for new runners last night, and it mentioned this. IT said that when you start running your level of fitness will go down. It went on to explain that your body needs to adapt to this new style of exercise and it can take a couple weeks. So I'm looking forward to increasing my stamina and having a morning jog be alot easier. It's nice to have my exercise out of the way for the day too.

1 comment:

  1. I love to exercise in the morning. That way it's done for the day and if I get to do more in the evening, then that's bonus!! Keep it up! You will reach your goals!!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete