Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Monday, April 18, 2011

Summary of the Week

Well, this week I went low carb. My aim was 100 carbs per day and to stay around 1600 calories. I think I did fairly well - especially considering I was on my monthly - in which case, I did AWESOME!!!

So I waited until today to summarize the week because Monday was the first true day I went low carb. I lost 2.6 lbs!!! It could have been better - earlier in the week I was down about another pound, but I just couldn't keep it up. I don't know if it was hormones or cravings from a different diet.. but I just caved for about two days. I did start to pull it back together - but I realized I need a way to satisfy my sweet tooth. There has to be something.

Well, when you're low carb, the best alternative is not fruit - it's a sugar free snack. Sugar free is not "whole foods" friendly. So I've been very torn about it all. Which also explains the binging. I resist any sweets because they aren't low carb and eventually I cave and eat sugar until there isn't any! Sugar isn't exactly "whole foods" friendly either. Especially the kind I'm eating - processed junk from the stores. OR donuts.

Anyways, last night I went to the store, stocked up on some meats and some sugar free pudding. I figure if the processed sugar I'm eating isn't healthy for me(in a whole foods sense...) then I might as well have the sugar free - if just for a season. I'm still going to go low carb and count my calories. I'm aiming to run at least three times per week and exercise more beyond that as well. I think I can manage that.

I know last week could have been better, but yah know what? It shows me that it works, and if I can solve this sugar problem, then I think I'll have alot more success in my future. It's so depressing to know that I've been "eatign healthy" and making "healthy choices" and trying really hard and have not lost more than 5 pounds since the new year. I know I should have cut my calories back long before... that was a big problem of mine. But sometimes it's just too much and you're just not ready to devote the time to counting calories. But I am now. I want to make a difference on the scale.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, Wow I commend you! I have trouble just counting calories. I think it would make me crazy to count carbs too!

    Great job on the weight loss! Keep it up and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's alot harder because I have NO idea how many carbs are in anything! I just assume any startch or sugar has carbs, but I'm usually surprised at how few(although they add up fast!) So I have to look up alot.

    ReplyDelete