Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Stab at Running

I have been dreaming about the day when the weather would warm and I could go down to the park and run. I've run on the treadmill and a bit on a track, but never on pavement with beautiful surroundings.

So today was the day. Promise of 75 degrees and sunshine. Delivered! So Mike and I found a sitter and headed out. We had a good start - it was indeed annoyingly hard and tiresome, but did get easy after the first 5 minutes(warm up). But it was shortly after that when I realized that all this rough pavement was a little too rough on my bladder - and there wasn't much I could do about it. So rather than have an embarrassing moment - we headed back, and just in time.

I'm not sure what to do about this problem. I've had surgery before on my kidney due to a massive stone.. and afterwards walked around with a stint in for the next month. Ever since that 'stretch out' I've never been able to hold my liquids quite the same. But usually it's a non-issue. I just avoid the trampoline and running 6 miles an hour.

But now I'm not so sure.

We ended up running just short of a mile - and I stopped/walked more than I would have liked. I'm hoping to head out in the morning. There's a loop in the neighborhood that I think will work for me. I live in a hilly neighborhood, so I'm hoping to avoid most of the hills and have more of a strait run. We'll see. I think I'll have to start around 5:30 too.. I don't voluntarily get up that early.

Wish me luck!!! I really want to achieve this goal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment