Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Real Goal


Another annoyance to the regular (weight loss) bloggers out there are those who keep setting goals without actually following through or accomplishing anything.

Um, I probably fall into this category more than I care to admit.. so I'm going to ignore all the stares and just share this new goal. This REAL goal.

So, my husband went out this morning fro a trail run. He's training for some crazy marathon of a trail run in October. I was glad for him to go because all his running is on a treadmill, and I think that's cheating. (It's good for - but it's just not the same as on a track or outside.)

Anyways - it made me realize (or remember) that I'm supporting a charity walk on May 13th. There is a 5k run you can sign up for. I had always thought I would run it, but I've kind of let running fall to the wayside. I'm just not in love with it and running off a treadmill is incredibly harder for me. I think most of it is mental, but I haven't figured out how to fix that just yet.

But I realized it's only 5 weeks away - and if I want to train, that's exactly enough time. I believe the C25K is 6 weeks? Well, I'm definitely capable of being on at least week 2, so I'm not worried about that. So I think we're going to sign up for the run. We're going to run the 5K!!! I've never actually fun that far before. I usually just jump on the treadmill and run for 30 minutes... and even then I get bored and I have to keep myself from quitting. I'm sure I could do it on the treadmill, but that's the same as getting outside - with no TV and no one setting the pace for you.

But tomorrow - it's going to be beautiful. Well - warm. There's no guarantee about sunny. I think it's supposed to rain, but here in Erie, PA - that could mean anything. (even snow... but with the temps there predicting, probably not snow!)So my plan is to get to the peninsula and run. I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised with myself and if I just block out the time, I'll run for a few miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment