Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ready

I think I may be ready. Really ready.

Sometimes I need to warm up to new changes. Sometimes I jump in, but this time - I keep wanting to restart my weight loss without doing the work.

But now I think I'm ready.

Today - I was driving home from some shopping, and Taco Bell looked me right in the eye. KFC was waving me in. And McD's called me by name.

But I just drove home. I didn't need that. I don't need a double cheese burger right before I go home and eat lunch. And I kept reminding myself of what I had waiting at home. A pretty good lunch actually of leftover Olive Garden and/or leftover Hungry Howies. Yeah - not that much different than a burger, you're probably thinking. Well, calorie wise, your right. The difference lies in habit and decision making. I usually can't resist an urge that strong and would have stopped somewhere. But I decided today was the day. That nothing changes if I don't actually stop the cycle. So I didn't go. I talked myself off the ledge. I looked away from Taco Bell. I waved bye to KFC and pretended I didn't hear my name at McD's. And I called my husband to remind me of what we had to eat!!!!

I didn't do great eating today and there was no time for the gym. But I am ready. I'm changing my habits. I'm becoming more aware of choices I can make. I'm looking for the better choice. I think I'm ready to start this things weight loss process again.

So tomorrow, I will weigh in. I haven't officially done this in quite some time... But you can't lose weight if you don't start somewhere! It will have to be on my scale, and not an official WW scale. (So it's off by 8-10 lbs) But it's a start.

I think I'll give myself a little leeway and count calories, but not necessarily my dinner calories. I always fall of the wagon in that department because it's just too complicated. So if I keep the rest of my daily calories below X - then I'll just eat a sensible dinner, smaller plate - that whole deal. And leave it at that. Lets' lay it out:

1. Count calories, keep daily calories below 800 + dinner.
2. No evening snacks, and if I do - eat fruit. Once a week I can have a bowl of cereal for evening snack.
3. No fast food stops.
4. Exercise 3-5 days a week.
5. Weigh in once a week.
6. Drink pop only when eating out(diet, of course.)

So, tonight I'm planning the meals for the week. This should help alot. My biggest down fall is needing food fast when I'm too tired to make a healthy choice or cook a healthy meal. My first hurtle is lunch tomorrow. I know we shouldn't eat out(don't have the money) but I'm always starving and there's nothing "yummy" at home because Sunday is shopping day. I'll let you know how it goes - especially with the (gulp)weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment