Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Monday, February 7, 2011

Mirror Mirror...

So - I made it to the gym - Go Me! I jog/walked on the treadmill for a half hour then headed off to Zumba.

I have a love hate relationship with Zumba. I've noticed my pants fitting better, and I attribute that to Zumba because it's something new I've been doing consistently. But I usually want to quit after a few songs. I don't... but I just don't want to do it. Fortunately, I keep going and it's better to do that than to be at home and quit because no one will know.

I also had a realization. I was at the front of the room. Usually this space is taken, but not today. Normally I don't mind... but I found myself mambo-ing to the end of the mirror behind the weight rack. Am I really that fat?

Now granted, I was in some loose pants and my comfy shirt. No form. but WoW - I just looked like a typical fat girl.

I hope that's not offensive to anyone - but I guess my mental image of myself is much more pleasing to the eye! As much as I've been exercising this past year - I'm still a flabby fat mess - and it's shocking to me! I feel like I need to loose a little weight - that over all I have a normal figure that I just need to widdle down.

Apparently I need more than that.

I'm not giving up home though. I am determined to lose weight - to widdle down my figure. I really need to take my diet seriously. If I don't I'll never make a real difference in my weight and shape. I think I'll go do a TurboJam sculpt video before I shower. TJ really seemed to tone me pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. Totally know what you are talking about! You think you are looking all awesome and then you see a picture of yourself. Or you look in a mirror at a department store/gym. "Do I really look like THAT?"

    Good for you for continuing your Zumba classes and not giving up! That's an accomplishment all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst is when you see yourself with your winter coat on... all that extra padding is not flattering!!

    ReplyDelete