Disney Weight Loss Goal: Deadline: October

Thursday, February 3, 2011

This is the perfect time...

I'm excited for this time of year! It's such a great time of year - not for the weather - but for all those new resolutions we all made.

I've noticed a trend in those I speak with ~ I think we're all just getting into our new routines of diet and exercise. We've all bounced back after the New Year and are putting time into our new lifestyles.

And I'm the same - which is why I'm so excited for this time of year!

New Years is tough - because I'm usually not done celebrating Christmas with all the family. There's still plenty of leftovers and my birthday is a week later. It just takes a while before all these over-indulgent situations are behind us. I feel we're at that point and now there's no more roadblocks until Easter(which is in April, by the way.) So there is this huge block of time to really focus on healthy eating and exercising without society throwing the obligatory temptations our way.

Well, except for the Superbowl - and we're throwing a party. We really just want an excuse to spend time with our friends. I haven't planned the healthiest menu - but there's still time to put in some healthy alternatives.

So - yesterday was a poor eating day, but today is a million times better! I'm reconsidering my diet - and I'll talk more about that later when I make some decisions... but here's my day so far:

Breakfast: 1 egg + 3 egg whites with spinach and a half oz of Swiss cheese.
Lunch: Caesar salad w/ grilled chicken at McD's w/ balsamic dressing.(NO snacking on the kids food!)
Afternoon Snack: Turkey wrapped in spinach.

Apparently 585 calories according to SparkPeople! Whoo HOo!!! Not sure what dinner entails - but if I keep my portions reasonable - I think today is going to be a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment